Friday, September 12, 2014

On your __th Birthday

Let me start with a warm hug and a sweet kiss for you my dearest for your birthday. You’re the only woman, except my Mama who stood by my side through thick and thin, who endured countless hardships with me during the last four years that we were together. You’re the only woman who knows me inside and out…the only woman who can see through me, who can read me like an open book. 

On your birthday, I want you to know how much I’m lucky to have you. I want you to feel how much I treasure having you in my life. I want you to know how much I value every second that we are together and how much I look forward to seeing you. Sometimes it doesn’t look like it because I tend to sleep and just stay inside the room when I’m home, but it’s my way of staying close to you. As much as possible, I want it to be just you and me- and now, You, Me and Ruth. There’s no better feeling than just lying beside you, feeling your warmth and listening to baby’s heart beat.  I always look forward to tasting the food that you cook and serve for me. I want you to know that I really appreciate the TLC- tender, loving care, that you shower me whenever I am home and when I’m away. I want to thank you for preparing my things such that I don’t need to worry a bit about anything because you took care of every little detail. With that, I feel and I know that I am the luckiest husband in the world. For countless other things that you’ve done or given to me, I am forever grateful to you and to the Lord above who gave you to me.
  
We’ll be celebrating our anniversary very soon. Until now, I still can’t believe that I have you in my life. I am proud that we have survived and succeeded all the trials that we’ve encountered. There were countless times that our faith and love for each other were tested but we surpassed them all. Here we are, with a baby about to join us- stronger and better persons. We have been gifted with an angel, a gift from God. She was given to us to shower with the same love that brought us to the altar together. Just like you, I can’t wait to see her and look at her eyes. I can’t wait to tell her that she has the most beautiful Mommy in the world. I can’t wait to tell her that she is the most precious thing in our life. 

Your birthday was blessed by God with a very special gift. He expects us to give her the best. As her father, I will ensure that she gets the best out of this world just like her wonderful mother. 

I wish I could present you a gift more valuable than this simple letter. I wish I could give you every glittering gold and diamond or the fancy bags and shoes. But you know how it is with pobrecitos. Can’t afford those things…YET. Rest assured that you have a husband here who cares and loves you so much more than any material thing in this world. You have a husband here who dreams of being beside every single day…whose only wish is to be with you until God knows when.Happy Birthday My Love. May you stay loving, caring, beautiful and wonderful…I Know you will. 

Always Loving You.