Friday, September 12, 2014

We were born together, and together We shall be forevermore


“We were born together, and together We shall be forevermore…
But let there be spaces in Our togetherness
And let the winds of heaven dance between Us.”

They say that every man (and every woman) comes to a Point of No Return. In the military, we simply call it PONR. Marriage is a PONR but if I had the ultimate power to turn back the hands of time, without a single doubt in my heart and mind, I will still choose to marry you, love you and spend the rest of my life with you. I want you to know that, during the past three years, I have not regretted a single second of being your husband, partner and friend.

Every day with you is special but today is an extraordinary day. For one, you opted to fly hundreds of miles just to be with me. You decided to leave all of your commitments behind to be able to spend the day with me. Today is another amazing day to remind me that there is always someone who cares for me selflessly, who caresses me tenderly, who understands me completely, who supports me wholeheartedly, who stands by me at all times, who takes care of me lovingly, and most of all, who loves me unconditionally. This day reminds me how blessed I am. Despite my shortcomings, despite my failures, unfulfilled promises, absences, not to mention the heartaches and disappointments I have caused you, you are still there. You never left me during the most difficult times. You never abandoned ship despite the rough seas. And today, I just realized how lucky I can get. You know why? Because I am sure that another 365 days+++ are coming up. Do you feel the same way too or do you need to brace yourself up?

After 365 days multiplied by 3, I woke up in the morning realizing this: NO ONE CAN EVER REPLACE YOU. No one can ever give me the comfort and love that I feel when I’m beside you, when I’m with you. No place can ever get more cozy and warm than that of being just beside you, in bed, in the street, in the car…anywhere. Every night I close my eyes with you in my thoughts, and in my dreams- waking up with a smile knowing that you are there beside me, or at least thinking of me when we’re far from each other. I feel so alive, I feel so loved, I feel so special because I know I’ve got somebody to care for, to share with and to love. That somebody loves me as much and that makes me so grateful.

I hope that you have NO REGRETS too, now that you’re stuck with me for good in this boat of life. I hope that we will continue paddling together wherever the current brings us. The river and the sea will not be calm all the time but I hope we will continue sailing together until we triumphantly reach the shore. I know we are stronger, more inspired, more driven and more passionate now that there is somebody cheering us up to paddle harder, to push forward and to hold on. And that is our angel- Ruthie.


In joy and tears, in failures and victories,
I always remember my vow I made with you.
I mean to honor and keep it for the rest of my life.
Every single day, I renew this vow so I can show you how much you mean to me.
We’re just a halfway to forever.
Let me hold your hand until we get there.